Sunday, September 22, 2019

Summer Visitors

When I was first moved here I put out word that if anyone is in the area to please stop in! Whether it be for a short pit stop, or a night or a week I would be thrilled to see friends and family at our doorstep anytime.

I am happy to say people have taken me up on that offer. (Brandon, Janet and Linda, Mom and Dad, Kate, Mom and Dad again, Kyla, Paul, Brandon again, Sandi...) The last visitors were Lise and her husband Barry. They gave me 10  minutes notice. The had just arrived in Digby off the ferry and had some time before they had to be in Halifax, so I get a phone call: "Shannon, I bet you will never guess who this is!?" Lise has been a long time friend of my mother's and was the secretary at Maple Grove School when I attended there. Which means I have known her for over forty years. It was wonderful to show off the house and property, garden, and chickens! Even though the visit was very short, I am so glad they chose to stop in on their way by! That initial offer is still open... our door is always open to anyone just passing through who needs a coffee and a bathroom, or to people who make us their destination and want to stay at The Two Girls Farm. (Just remember to bring your chainsaw with you, right Lise!!)

We have now embarked on the third work cation with my parents. Mom and Dad arrived off the St. John/Digby ferry on Friday and I have already had them tear down a wall, cut up a tree and paint some furniture. It has been fun introducing them to the chickens and feeding them food from the farm. So far we have eaten lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, onions, cauliflower, brocolli, blackberry jam, maple syrup and eggs.

We look forward to seeing "you" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment