Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19

I debated not even mentioning this pandemic in my blog. I debated keeping the topic light and fluffy. I thought we are being inundated with scary and ever evolving updates so I should continue with my typical positive attitude and offer a "ray of sunshine" on these cloudy days. But when I look back on my life in snippets, this COVID-19  is pretty important to just fluff over.

I am, like the rest of you, adjusting to"the new world". For the first time ever in my life I am unintentionally unemployed. Like may others, I was laid off last week. So now the planning for the unknown begins. I will be making phone calls tomorrow to find out what my bank is doing to help their clientele with loans, I will be applying for EI and I will be assessing my cupboards.
I was very lucky to find toilet paper. Of course every shelf was as empty here in Nova Scotia as I was hearing they were in Ontario. Luckily, the little store upstairs from the YMCA still had a small supply when I was down to three rolls and starting to panic. I have created a homemade hand sanitizer, and will never go hungry with a steady supply of eggs!

While I feel I may get lonely, I do have a to-do list that is about a mile long! I am hoping that the never ending bedroom will be finished, as well I have many, many jobs that I have listed to tackle outside.  Dixie and the chickens are really loving that I am home and that I am offering lots of treats! I am loving all the phone calls from friends and family that have really increased over the past week. I am feeling very lucky that myself, my family and my friends so far, seem healthy and are coping with the boredom of social distancing (some better than others!)

I am starting to realize my schedule of upcoming visitors may not happen and that makes me sad but...

I love that the fish can be seen in the Canals of Venice, I love how bright the stars are at night, I love the decline in pollution.

Stay home, stay healthy and I will see you on the other side.




No comments:

Post a Comment