Sunday, September 20, 2020

Girls Night

Between one thing and another, Zoe and I have not seen each other much lately. she was quarantining, then housesitting, I am working and prepping for Teddy to come tearing through Nova Scotia next week.

But tonight we finally got to spend some time together. We had a great risotto dinner, Zoe lit our first fire of the season and we broke out the face masks! When she first came back from Ontario Zoe brought with her my birthday gift and my mothers day gift since we had been separated during those times. A part of the gift was a huge pile of masks for everything from my hair to my toes! We got to hug and talk and it was so wonderful! I have missed her so much, but this felt different. It felt like friends, like adults. having a great evening. I am really excited about this new phase of our relationship. It feels so good to (mostly) relinquish the reins and allow her to live her life, make her decisions, and cheer her on. Don't get me wrong, its hard and I still issue my "sage" bits of advise, but it's nice to be able to sit back and enjoy spending time with the young woman she has become.













No comments:

Post a Comment