Sunday, August 19, 2018

Wrapping Up

June 19th, 2018 I received a text image from Sarah Digweed showing a sold sign out front of my house!! After much perseverance and faith an offer was presented from a buyer who loves the history and uniqueness of this house as much as I do. And not a moment too soon. I was under great stress thinking I would be leaving Ontario with my house still on the market. So…thank you Sarah!! 

Two storage units later and lots of muscle from Zoe, my son Brandon, and myself and we had those units filled. (No one needs to know the last load went in 10 hours before we were leaving!! Come on, I only had two months to pack.) Alright, I am a procrastinator who ran around like a crazy woman for the two days before leaving.

These last two weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster.

We moved my son out of our house making sure he was settled and didn’t need anything before I left. Saying goodbye to patients and friends at Dr. Hennig’s office was very emotional. I had worked there for thirteen years and will truly miss the kind and generous people I have met. Dr. Hennig said goodbye with a “Toodles Shannon” dinner party including barbequed pizza! My last day of work, saying goodbye to my co-workers, was tear filled. Sandi has been my support for so long. I just love her. Laura, who I have not worked with as long, also brought me to tears with her hugs. The night before I left, I had to say goodbye to my son. I am still crying over that one. And finally the morning we left I had to say goodbye to my mom and dad. They have stood behind me in every decision I have ever made and this was no different. They wished I would stay in Beamsville to be near them, but still, they hugged me, kissed me, wished me well and said goodbye.

On the other side of that emotional rollercoaster, I was getting so excited to start this new life! Zoe and I kept throwing ideas out of how we may earn an income in Nova Scotia, about the house we wanted to buy, about the renovations we wanted to see happen, about the animals we want on our new property. Having such an open book is so exciting and I can’t wait to begin to put all the pieces together!

Finally the day arrived. Wednesday July 11th at 6:18am we were in our truck leaving Beamsville feeling sad, terrified but soooo excited! It felt unreal. After all the planning and talking we were finally doing. I still look at my present in disbelief at what I am doing. Did I really quit an amazing job? Did I really sell an amazing house that I love? Did I really just drive away from my friends and family? But I keep looking forward and yes, the future does look exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment