Thursday, December 13, 2018

One Week To Go

We have been keeping busy. Every morning I spend 1-2 hours out in the forest gathering firewood, we have started putting up a wall in the office, and we have been spending every afternoon getting ready for Christmas. This year we wanted to create homemade gifts and are using materials from our house, our property, and our surrounding area.

One of the things we had not done was unpack any of our decor items, or hang any pictures. We were waiting until a room was finished, and then we planned to decorate it. Zoe got tired of living in a house, and wanted to at least make our bedrooms homey. Over the past two days she first tackled her bedroom then mine. I got to help along the way with her bedroom. She hung lights around her bed, put up her pretty things, her candles and perfume bottles, book ends that she had painted over the summer, pictures, and she made sure to display her cowboy hat! But when it came to decorating my room, she kicked me out and didn't let me in until it was finished! I absolutely love it. Zoe knows me so well! She surrounded me with pictures of my family and my children growing up and finished it off with a reading nook including fireplace
(yet to be hung.) Zoe was right. I hadn't realized the difference between loving my house, and feeling like it was home!









Tonight we went out to try and see the meteoroid shower. Could be that we were out too early or that our bonfire was too big and too bright, but we did not see any!!

Leaving on a pretty note-I get to see these freeze dried roses out my kitchen window every day. I am so lucky for all the beauty that surrounds me.




1 comment: