Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday. My first birthday away from my parents and my son and my friends. My incredible daughter and her best friend managed to put together a fantastic day for me.

It began with them taking morning dog duties so I could sleep in. Followed by a waffle and fruit breakfast in bed! I then got a few hours of peace and quiet (they went back to bed hahaha) to read my book and have a coffee and go for a walk. Then I was told I had to leave the house for an hour. Why?

I figured they were cleaning the house for me, setting out a cake and balloons and then we would go out to dinner. But no...my darling daughter had schemed and plotted behind my back and was throwing me a surprise party. My only clue was when she asked me to stop by Pizza Delight and pick up an order for "Zoe". The server commented on the party we must be having that we ordered these party trays....hmmmmm??

I drove back home (with the pizza) and was surprised by many of the friends and neighbours we have met since we arrived six months ago. It was such an incredible feeling to have these people care enough to show up and celebrate the day with me. It gave me a true feeling of belonging that I never experienced in Beamsville.

They finished the night off by taking me outside and having our first bonfire of the season - something I have been hoping for for weeks now!

Even today, more people stopped in who were unable to make it last night to apologize for missing the party and wish me a happy birthday! Just incredible! And to think, my amazing Zoe and beautiful Kyla put this all together for me. I am one lucky lady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment