Sunday, March 10, 2019

Regrouping

Mom and Zoe driving out to the orchard-
mom driving, Zoe in the trailer
It is always difficult to say goodbye to my parents. We had a terrific 12 days together. We got so much work accomplished and had a wonderful time. But then they have to ruin it by leaving! I am a very emotional person (or as Zoe calls me, a cry baby).  I hold my emotions very close to the surface and they often overflow in tears. The past few days have been relatively quiet as I regroup and try to focus ahead.
The pile from trimming the apple
 trees was as tall as dad!

Now that we are in March I am upping my grow light game. Trying to get the timing pinpointed on when to start which vegetables inside. I have identified some people with posts and fencing so I can have supplies ready for the thaw!

I learned a lot about the fireplace from dad
I got the living room up to 28degrees one evening
I am also trying to be prepared for the very short window I understand I may get for maple syrup. I had identified five maple trees in the fall but as I did my research last month, I now realize three of them are too small to tap this year. But that does leave two. I am not expecting to get much syrup, but I still want the experience of tapping, gathering, and boiling. And maybe it is better to start small scale with a little batch this first year.

Like father like daughter
One of Zoe's Ontario friends is coming to visit. She is flying in over the March break, and Zoe is over the moon to show Kyla our new home and new puppy of course!

Today I have included pictures from mom and dad's visit that we did not post previously! I have captioned them because they did not naturally fit the topic today.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing i m really impress with your content and very useful it.Adorable project! bonphung

    ReplyDelete