Sunday, January 26, 2020

Slow and Steady

As I mentioned last week, I have been getting Dixie out back as often as possible to run off her energy. I really struggle with doing no work, so while we were out there this week I focused on the fire pit. A rather large pile had accumulated over the past three months but I kept thinking it was too wet to burn. Wow was I wrong! Evening after evening this week, Dixie would run with her frisbee while I would throw as much wood on a fire as I possibly could in one hour. Finally, the pile is almost gone and today I was looking around to see what would be next to cut and grow that pile again!!

Dixie has really been my focus this past while. Since it is just me here now, I have felt guilty about the hours I work and how she has she no company for much of the day. So Saturday we went on our first adventure to Tim Horton's! She has been car sick in the past but I thought a 10 minute drive hopefully she could handle, and if she did well, I am hoping we can start to stretch it out and she can come with me when I go places. She absolutely loved the car ride, did not get sick, and was too enthralled by the passing scenery to even care about the timbit treat! Then this morning, I only worked a 5 hour shift, so for the first time I left her out of her crate, free to roam the house. I tried to dog proof by putting everything I could think of away or out of reach and crossed my fingers. She was absolutely perfect!! No accidents, no damage, and the cat is still alive! I will trust her again tomorrow!

I am also still slowly picking away at the little jobs in the bedroom we have been working on. Today I changed an outlet that I had bent, cut baseboard, and started trimming the new window. Slowly but surely this room is getting done. The goal was to have it finished during the winter so I could move downstairs and stop heating the second floor during the winter....but I am running out of winter I fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment