Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all my friends here and there!

This holiday certainly was a different one. Did your isolation lead you to "skip" this holiday, or still celebrate but with a much smaller crowd around your table? I hope you all managed to find some happiness. Whether you found things to do outside on this beautiful day, or found the wine was pouring extra well, or if like me, you were able to connect with family members through technology.

My niece Laura, set up a Zoom account, so today I was able to connect with Laura in Stanley, New Brunswick, my parents, Bill and Sandy in Beamsville, Ontario, my children, Brandon and Zoe in Fort Erie, Ontario, my brother Bill and nephews Andrew and Brian in London, Ontario. We were all able to join a conversation, enjoy an hour of togetherness and catching up while seeing each other in Brady Bunch blocks on our phones and computers. I may complain at times about technology and how it is taking much of the face to face contact out of our society, but today I certainly appreciated the benefits of it. Thanks again Laura for setting that up for us.

I decided to enjoy an Easter dinner with ham, scalloped potatoes and squash (to which mom asked "wasn't that your Thanksgiving...and Christmas dinner menu??" and I said "Yes, but this time I also made a fruit crisp for dessert!"). Ok so I love ham and scalloped potatoes!! Pair it with a glass of red wine and a good book and I enjoyed my meal. And it's a good thing like it, I made enough for 6 people which means I have 5 frozen dinners for another time.

I did also enjoy some time outside doing more yard work and playing with the chickens. So overall...what could have been a sad and lonely day, was actually quite nice.

Even Dixie and Charlie took a moment out of the day and pretended to be friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment