Sunday, May 24, 2020

Critters

I have loved watching as the birds and animals have been coming out to play as the weather has been warming up.  I have seen and heard a number that I have been unable to photograph. Of course the amazing ensemble of bull frogs that serenade me every night, the pair of eagles that soar overhead too fast for me to whip out my phone, the bobcat that I stared in awe at and forgot to even reach for my camera, the mated ducks that returned to the pond this year. All amazing wildlife that I so lucky to be surrounded by.


The critters I have been able to photograph, a snake (not a huge fan...), a deer. Luckily Dixie was inside for the night but I was out enjoying a fire when this beauty strolled into the yard. For the first time ever, I put up a hummingbird feeder and have been rewarded with  a number of visits. I believe I do have two nests of pheasants on the property but have never been able to catch any on camera. This beauty was posing for me at the lumber mill when I went to pick up some wood. And finally, we have the ever elusive Lion King Dixie. This is her favourite vantage point to look out across St. Mary's Bay.

Chicken update: I am very sad to report, Penelope did die. Her sisters are healthy and growing every day. I fell victim to the chick adorableness and will be picking up 8 day old babies on Tuesday... Chicken addiction is a real thing (if you couldn't tell from all my previous posts blathering on about my adoration for my feathered friends)!






No comments:

Post a Comment