Sunday, May 3, 2020

Routine

It has been five weeks since I stopped working and began social isolation.

I have settled into a comfortable routine with a healthy mix of relaxing and working.

I start off everyday with Dixie walking around the property. Then everyone gets breakfast. First the cat and dog, then the chickens, and finally me.

I enjoy an hour with my coffee and book.

Dixie and I walk again.

I work for about two hours.

I have lunch and, wait for it....Dixie and I walk again.

I work for another two-three hours then clean up for the day.

I feed everyone supper, Dixie and I walk again, and finally I can pour a glass of wine and Netflix.

I have been trying to limit my trips into town to every two weeks.  I look forward to hearing human voices every 14 days that do not come through a tv speaker. Although this is my week to go, my freezer has never been so full of food! I do go through the basic perishables like lettuce, butter and cheese, but besides those things, I have enough frozen soups and meals to last me a few months.

I am excited to hear some provinces are beginning to loosen up restrictions and are in the starting stages of moving into what will become our new normal. I really look forward to seeing people again.  I just hope everyone still recognizes me 15 pounds heavier, grey haired, with no make up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment