Sunday, June 7, 2020

Back To Work

The time has come. I got the call to return to work tomorrow.  I do love my job. I love the people and the feeling of community at the YMCA. But I have loved this time off so much. I realize I have been very lucky. Living on this amazing property, I have been able to be outside everyday, working and playing. I know my mental state of mind would be very different if I still lived in Beamsville and had had to spend a majority of the last three months indoors. This is just another piece of proof that I made the right decision to move here.

I have been stressing for the past five days trying to accomplish as much as I can before I am relegated to weekend work. I have done a relatively good job but also reminded myself to step back, breathe, and look at how much farther ahead I am than if I had not been quarantined at home while we were finding our way through a pandemic.

I did receive some very exciting news about my job on Friday. I was hired a year ago as a part time membership sales and service (front desk). As the year progressed, I was taking on more and more duties and all the work I have done has been acknowledged. I will be returning tomorrow with a promotion to Director of Membership and The Before and After School Program. This long mouthful of a title means, for the first time in my over 30 years in the workforce, I will have the option of benefits! I feel like such an adult now!!

My heart is very sad for Dixie and the chickens who have been the real beneficiaries of this forced three month sabbatical. I will miss them almost as much as they will miss me. I think Dixie knows something is changing, she has stopped eating. I sat on the floor and hand fed her yesterday and today just to try and get something in her.

I am happy at the thought that as restrictions lift travel may resume and I may be able to have some visitors again!?

No comments:

Post a Comment