Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father’s Day

I want to wish my father and my brother a very happy Father’s Day. They are both incredible people who have shown me how a father should act, and treat the people in their lives. I am very lucky to have you both in my life.

Pond three hours later
Now that I am back to work I have returned to the weekend mode of “get as much work done in these 48 hours as possible”. This week I am off work today and tomorrow, so I still have 24 more hours to look forward to.
Pond before starting

Today was not horribly successful. I tried unsuccessfully to get my hand pump on an old well working. I tried to trim some grasses back only to realize I left them too long and they have become impenetrable. I did however get a good start clearing  the pond. It is overgrown (Just like everything else around here) and it was my plan to pull out the grasses, cattails and trees that have have overtaken it and create a swimming pond for Dixie. I built a little bridge and spent the  afternoon getting sunburnt. I was happy with my progress until I looked up and saw how big this pond it. I’ll need a canoe to get to the middle and  clear that area!!


Wildlife has continued to appear. There was a deer right up on the driveway. I managed to get some pictures of it as it stripped casually back to the forest. Baby blue jays and frogs made an appearance today. As well as my friend the hummingbird.




No comments:

Post a Comment