Monday, August 17, 2020

Anniversary

 This week marks the two year anniversary of starting this blog.

When I began this journey which signified the start of the next phase of my life, I was hearing both excitement and scepticism from the people surrounding me. I decided to start a blog to share my stories with people "back home". I wanted to reassure friends and family who were nervous about my decision that it was the right one. I wanted to share the excitement of my everyday life with those who were living vicariously through me. And I wanted to record all the ups and downs and crazy that was to be my chosen path. And there have certainly been ups and downs and crazy! There are times when I feel writing this blog has run its course. I am just living my best life now and what more can people really want to hear. Every time I voice that opinion, I am met with distress as apparently some people still enjoying signing in every week to read about our adventures and misadventures. I was actually shocked to see that this little blog that was meant for me to keep in touch with my people in Ontario has over 10,000 views from around the world. So thank you to everyone who has supported me and loved me regardless of the decision I made to run away searching for a better, more natural, less stress filled life for Zoe and me.

Zoe and I enjoyed a fantastic day in celebration of her 19th birthday last Monday. We started bright and early with pedicures at 8:30am. Continued with a small Frenchy's shopping tour. For those of you who have not been here, Guy's Frenchy's is a staple of used clothing shopping in the Atlantic provinces! It was the first place Zoe asked to go to when she returned and it almost killed her to have to wait the 14 days of quarantine. We rounded out the day with an incredible meal at The Union Street Pub in Berwick. Our waitress was phenomenal, the food was sensational, and Zoe's first legal drink of Pink Lemonade was perfect!

As far as the great outdoors goes...we have had some beautiful sunset skys this week and I have discovered a new fruit growing in the yard. I knew I had a quince bush. But I thought it was an ornamental variety, but no....this year it is bearing fruit!! Now the recipe search begins to figure out what to do with this new find.

Again I want to thank you for following my journey. I have loved sharing my crazy chicken stories with you all💕

                        



No comments:

Post a Comment