Sunday, October 11, 2020

Thanksgiving


 This weekend is filled with my favourite F’s: farm, family, food and friends. It is such a perfect combination I couldn’t be more thankful. 
Today Zoe, her boyfriend Navy, and I were farmers! The day started with clean chicken and rabbit coops, followed by cutting hay for the rabbits, and picking the very few apples left on our trees for cider. We then moved into the heavy lifting portion of the day. Navy and I grabbed the chainsaws (Sorry Betty) and Zoe took control of the sled. We headed over to the spruce forest and cut and hauled firewood. 



Two of my favourite parts of the day were breakfast and supper. Zoe and Navy cooked breakfast wraps for us and then chicken parmigiana for supper!! Talk about a lucky farmer!

I could get used to having all this help inside and out. 

To top this great weekend off, we have been invited out for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at Bruce and Bettys (who also happen to be Navy’s grandparents-that’s a story for another day.)

I hope you all enjoy your own F’s this weekend💕

1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than 4”F’s”!! A very Happy Thanksgiving for you all! Always enjoy reading about what you are up to on the farm.😊

    ReplyDelete