Sunday, January 16, 2022

Goal Setting

My first, and most important, goal for 2022 will be to have a better work / farm balance. I have made the first strides in that direction and have accepted a part time relief position at a small, local medical office which will help pay the bills and give me time to develop an income from the farm. Besides this job, I have two side gigs that also help provide extra cash for animal feed and bedding but leave me lots of time to be at home.

Creating a goals list this year is exciting for me. I was to overwhelmed last year to focus on completing tasks, so to even have the hope and desire to make a list is exciting!!

Let's begin. I want:

1. To finish the floor in the barn
2. To add goats to the farm and learn how to make cheese
3. To build a fence around the barn for the all the animals to have safe indoor/outdoor space    (monitored by Tillie the Livestock Guardian Dog)
4. To clean the pond of weeds and reeds and make it a clean space for the ducks.
5. To cut enough firewood for next winter and build a storage lean-to for it.
6. To prepare and plant a hay field
7. To transplant the wild blueberry’s to one garden
8. To build cold frames to extend the garden season
9. To research and put into action different ways for the farm to support itself (and ideally me too!)

That’s a pretty ambitious list so...decide what your strengths are, and I will put you to work when you visit😉

No comments:

Post a Comment