Monday, February 14, 2022

Finally...

It has been such a wonderful week! We got a good melt and lots of lovely above zero temperatures. I feel so happy to have gotten a lot of firewood cut in this short reprieve in between storms. As I sit today in front of the fire reading my book watching an expected 20-30 cm of snow fall, I feel so much less anxiety having had the week outside working. 

That feeling is two fold. There is always so much to do around the farm that having a month like January where I could barely get outside is enough to cause anxiety but more importantly is how being outside, breathing fresh air, working hard and getting dirty makes me feel “right”. Recharges my soul. Brings me such peace and calm that I wonder if I ever took a deep breath living in an urban environment.

In September of 2019 we had hurricane Dorian blow through and the
winds knocked an apple tree into a second apple. Last week I finally made great progress in cutting it down and sizing it for next years firewood. 

As far as the animals go:
The chickens and ducks also got some much missed time outside, the dogs are growing before our eyes (literally! According to their latest vet checks they are growing at almost a pound a day😳) and hormones are running rampant in the pig pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment