Thursday, October 25, 2018

First Flight

Zoe and I took a little trip this week.

Although we have finally started to meet people here, Zoe is still a teenager who misses her friends. After two weeks of brainstorming ideas to get her to Beamsville inexpensively and time efficiently, we settled on flying. Zoe has never been on an airplane before and was therefore, understandably,  reluctant to go on one alone for the very first time. We decided I would fly with her on the new airline, Swoop, and leave her in the good care of her grandparents and brother for a month while I turned around and flew back to continue working on our property before winter set in.

I did have two days in Beamsville which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had a dinner with my son Brandon, my Aunt Judy, and my parents, and the second night I had dinner with the lovely ladies from Dr. Hennig's office! In between I loved having down time to quietly spend with mom and dad.

It was a whirlwind, but I was so happy to see Brandon again and flying was fun. Zoe was terrific and really enjoyed it as well. I think the fact that the airplane's colours are white and PINK really helped her feel like it was meant to be! The flight was just over two hours from Halifax to Hamilton and just under two hours back. I think we may become frequent flyers on this airline as it cost just barely more than the gas if we were to drive my truck. Not to mention the 25 hours one way and the exhaustion and frustration that comes with driving.

So now I am back home, alone, just me and the cat. It is a strange feeling but I am going to try and enjoy the quiet, moving at my own pace, accomplishing jobs I want, eating the foods I want and watching the tv shows I want. Wow...no compromising, I may get used to this?? No, I miss my Zoe like crazy and am counting down the days until she comes back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment