Sunday, October 28, 2018

Completing a Job

One of things I am finding frustrating is the lack of completion. There is so much work to do that I feel I am jumping from one thing to another and nothing gets finished.  That being said, there are many things with a property this size that will never be completed. For example: I will forever be maintaining the forests to a level that makes me happy. I love walking through the property, but hate being stabbed by wild rose thorns. I will always be cutting down roses as I come across them and as they continue to crop up.

So, what have I been doing with my time? I did finish the compost bin, I have finished stripping carpet and vinyl off the floors. In one area there were three layers of vinyl, one layer of newspaper and it had all been topped off with one layer of carpeting!






 I have finished stripping 180 years worth of layers of paint off the first piece of original trim,



  I almost have a workshop set up.











I have cleaned up the yard portion of the property including trimming some bushes and hedges.










There is constantly a fire burning the wild roses that I am cutting out, as well I have been burning the black knot fungus which has gone unchecked and has been able to spread far and wide throughout the whole property.
Died on the trail and refused to move!

A delay we have been experiencing is the lawn tractor and its continuing issues. It has broken down twice now and has spent too much time in the shop and not enough time working around the property. This has changed our daily progress and forced us to shift focus - again leading to the inability to complete a task. It is back now, and working, so I'm off to pull in more firewood off the trail!






Yes, I have been busy filling 5-10 hours of work in each day. I think once winter sets in, it will feel different as we can tackle the inside of the house room by room and see a task through to an end.



No comments:

Post a Comment