Sunday, October 20, 2019

Progress....

A year after starting the demolition on Zoes bedroom, we are finally making progress. We have removed two closets, dropped a chimney, removed a wall and then it sat there for months until our friend and all around good guy Dave agreed to do the drywall! We have now purchased the window and paint and are ready to move onto the next steps. We are hoping she will have a room by Christmas! A great bonus to this is it will free up an actual guest bedroom (instead of Zoe moving to my room, or me moving to the couch!)

I have been continuing to burn all the debris that has built up, cleaning out the flower beds, cutting firewood (and seeing woodpeckers), and of course I am still working my way through the vegetable and herb gardens trying to process as much as I can. Canning, drying, blanching and freezing now. I had wanted to make spaghetti sauce, salsa and ketchup, but my tomatoes are still very green. I have tried a few strategies to ripen them, from hanging whole plants, roots and all, upside down in the basement, to wrapping tomatoes in newspaper. Hopefully something will work! It is such an unusual year. My tomatoes are still green, my potato tops are still in full leaf, yet I rototilled around these so I could get my fall garlic planted. I think it is just that we had such a late planting season due to cold and rain. I do not think it is something Nova Scotian that I will have to adapt to, but I guess the next few years will tell.


I noticed when looking through my phone over the past few weeks that I have really slowed down on taking pictures. Note to myself: start taking pictures again. These posts are much more interesting with visuals in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment