Sunday, December 8, 2019

It's Starting To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

The first weekend in December has traditionally been our time to decorate. This year was no different. We got the tree up and the decorations out. There are still some urns to create and an old window frame I want to decorate with live branches and berries, but for the most part, we are festive! (Charlie has found his new winter bed! Nothing better than a fur tree skirt!)

This week has felt all around like the start of the holiday season. First with decorating, then my first Christmas party, then the Annapolis Royal Farmers & Traders Christmas Market (which we attended last year and loved again - yum fudge and yay local seeds!), and rounded out with a short session of family Christmas photos.

Dixie absolutely loves the cold and this snow-crazy dog even broke ice to swim in our pond this weekend?!?!

I have been on the phone a number of times with mom and dad. They are going to come spend Christmas with me since I won't be going back to Ontario this year. We are talking about new traditions and deciding how we want this year to look. I am excited, but do find I'm having a hard time allowing myself to think outside the normal traditions that have existed my whole life.

Chicken update: our roosters have reached maturity and are being rather aggressive with our ladies. I have found myself on more than one occasion feeling like a chaperone at a high school dance! I feel there may be some hard decisions in my future...to rooster or not to rooster that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment