Sunday, December 22, 2019

Winter Solstice

I want to thank everyone who was a part of our Winter Solstice Evening yesterday.

A lot of great friends came out on very short notice to enjoy some chilli, pate (thank you Diane) chocolates, cookies and wine.

This was step one in new traditions column and while it certainly checked that box, I was very grateful to everyone for allowing my parents to see what wonderful friends I have been fortunate to surround myself with here. To let them see with their own eyes that I will be ok, because even though they are not always here, and even though Zoe has returned to Ontario for school, I am not alone.

I had such a great time and was very impressed by the artistic ability that surrounded us last night. And yes, that includes your campfire singing Deanna!

Thank you again to everyone who helped make this kick off to my holiday season a success.

On a sadder note, Zoe left this afternoon for her next adventure. I am sad. I love her. I will miss her. I wish her all the success on this next phase of her life. I hope she accomplishes everything she sets out to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment