Monday, December 30, 2019

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone enjoyed a very Merry Christmas surrounded by loved ones making memories.

This year was very different for me, but, surprisingly (please take no offence to that mom and dad) it was lovely. This was the first year in 21 that I was not with my children. There were moments of tears, though much less than I thought there would be. There was great company, love you mom and dad, and great food! With no children around, my fun was watching Dixie open and swiftly destroy her presents with such glee I had to laugh. I received some beautiful gifts and some very thoughtful gifts, and felt very lucky to have such a wonderful family both near and far thinking of me.


Christmas day we spent hiking and running outside with the dog and chickens. We had a beautiful bonfire. By the looks of the pile of wood we need to have another one!!
We gathered rosehips to make a jelly from a new Nova Scotia traditional cookbook I got - thank you Kathy and Phil! We had a delicious supper with a store bought ham and scalloped potatoes and squash, both from our garden. I know that is common place for some people to be eating all winter from their cold cellar, but I am still revelling in the joy of eating my own produce in December.

Many phone calls to different family members and our day was complete. There will definitely be years that I will go back to Ontario for the holidays, but it is nice to know if I choose to stay, I had three invitations to spend the day with different people and their families. I absolutely love to kindness, friendliness, and open doors of Nova Scotians!

Now we gear up for our New Year's celebration.....







No comments:

Post a Comment