Monday, February 17, 2020

Feeling Old...

I am so sorry it is late Monday and I am just now writing Sunday's blog.

It has been a great, crazy week. We got lots of snow and some of our coldest temperatures yet. That did not deter Dixie who still insists on playing fetch twice a day, icicles and all! The snow was so beautiful but our path to the apple orchard was almost closed in with the snow heavy branches.

It was another long week at work which means I do not get much accomplished Monday through Friday, however being Family Day/Heritage Day today, I got a lovely three day weekend. I tried to get in everything I possibly could while still catering to my super attention hungry dog. While I did get a lot done, I must admit, this desk job I have been working for the past 10 months is not doing me any favours. I am sooooo sore today! I do not remember feeling this achy and old last year.

I finished 90% of the bedroom: trimmed the window, painted the baseboard, laid quarter round, caulked the trim, and painted the grates. I have some touch up paint to do after the caulking, and although I still have one wall that is unfinished, (I need to hang a door that is so heavy I will have to wait until dad comes in May to finish it and I cannot trim or match baseboard on that wall until the door is done so ....) I will be moving in furniture this week and hopefully will be able to post the finished pics in next weeks blog!

I also kept busy cleaning the chimney, cutting, lugging and stacking a face cord of wood, removing one of the dreaded rose briars, cleaning the chicken coop, and even got in some Netflix!

Thanks for all the calls this week, it was wonderful talking to Brandon, Zoe, Greg, Aunt Judy, Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment