Sunday, January 6, 2019

Holidays

Hello! Welcome back to Two Girls and a Dream. We hope you all enjoyed your time with family and friends and had a chance to reflect back on 2018 to appreciate all the things that made you smile.

We enjoyed our Christmas holidays with family in Ontario. Neither Zoe or I wanted to leave our new home. We love it here, but we were also enjoying our new routine, feeling like we were accomplishing things and it was very difficult to interrupt that flow.

But, I could not imagine a Christmas where I was not with my son, my parents and my Aunt Judy. We arranged for our lovely, kind, neighbour to check in on the cat while we were away, packed up a truck full of gifts, and headed to Ontario. The drive was easy. It is probably the first year ever I have appreciated having a green Christmas!

We spent a week visiting family and friends, (Sandi Risi, Laura Blais, Ann-Marie Raos, Samantha Clowes-loved seeing you crazy ladies). We ate good food, drank "Shannon" wine (just the adults - not Zoe), and went boxing day shopping! An interesting fact - the closest mall is one hour away from Barton, Nova Scotia, but the closest good mall is two and a half hours away. Needless to say, we took advantage of the convenience of shopping while at my brothers house in London.


Zoe and I said our goodbyes and headed home on the 29th after a week of busy, busy, busy! We spent a quiet evening in front of the fire for New Years eating ribs and chocolate fondue! It was a bit of a let down as midnight struck and we wanted to celebrate with Brandon only to remember in Ontario you are an hour behind.  The effect was not quite the same celebrating 11pm!

One year ago I never could have predicted that Zoe and I would have left our lives in Ontario and forged ahead to a new farm life in Nova Scotia. It has been a whirlwind of change and tears and joy and no regrets! I am very excited to see what 2019 brings our way!




No comments:

Post a Comment