Friday, January 18, 2019

Settling in For Winter

Before Christmas, Zoe and I had found a great routine to our day. Mixing work with pleasure, getting things accomplished while not wearing ourselves out. Since our return after the holidays, regaining any routine has been very difficult. Between the weather not being as reliable for the outdoor work, and Dixie needing constant supervision, it has been challenging to complete anything.

One task that has continued to be a necessity is bringing in firewood. This is very weather dependant so when I have the chance I have to go for it. I have found a goldmine of dead wood (yes some rot, but a lot that is great for burning) and have cut a path through the briar to access it. I also purchased a toboggan to help bring the wood out of the forest and have been thrilled with how that has made my job so much easier.

We have been working with Marketplace on Facebook and Kijiji selling some of our home crafted items as well as other items we have to sell. This is going surprisingly well and while not the job I need, it is giving us a bit of income until I do find a job.



Earlier this week when Zoe was walking Dixie, she came across this fight scene. It appears that a mouse or other small rodent was running circles until the bird sweep down on it. See the feather brushing on the lower left corner. We have seen many interesting tracks and paths and while we have identified some, I look forward to my dad's arrival in February to teach us more!

We are trying to focus our indoor energy to finally finishing the den. We have made some progress, we needed one new wall which is now up and on the third coat of putty. The floor is prepared for sanding, as is the trim and door!

No comments:

Post a Comment