Thursday, February 28, 2019

Dirty Work

We have been enjoying having mom and dad here with us. We have had good food, and lots of great work has begun. Unfortunately the weather has been the coldest we have had yet this year. We have seen as low as -27 including wind chill during the day! This does appear to be an unfortunate trend starting. We had a very unusual snow storm that greeted Kate when she came, and now these frigid wind chill temperatures for my parents. People may not want to visit us if this is what we offer!


One of the jobs on our to do list was working on Zoe's bedroom. Her room will be a complete overhaul. Tear down walls, rebuild closets, move doorways. The task we have attacked over the past two days was a very dirty chimney removal. There is about 2 feet of room that Zoe wants to gain by removing the chimney and non-load bearing wall surrounding it. It is an old chimney that had already been "disconnected" from the roof so we didn't have to worry about reshingling. But we did have to start at the top and work our way down. Yesterday dad and I tackled the attic portion of it. Last night Zoe and Shelby went at the second story portion of it. Today Mom and Zoe continued the second story portion and by tomorrow, hopefully, we will have the portion in Zoe's room down! It is so messy, but the girls made sure they wore safety gear!!

Final note, Zoe has made me a weekend grandmother - way to soon!!! A requirement of her child studies class is to bring home robo-baby for four days. So meet my grandson Liam. He has been very good so far but I am not necessarily looking forward to the night shift!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Work From Home Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed...
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.work from home mom

    ReplyDelete