Thursday, February 7, 2019

School

I am a very routine oriented person. You may be tired of hearing this, but I'm having to adjust to yet another routine!

For the past 26 years I have had a relatively simple routine. Go to work, eat supper, take the kids to the after school activity of the season, do homework, watch tv, go to bed,  repeat. That is a very simplified version of our lives, but it was the skeleton of our routine.

Saying goodbye the first morning of school
Since moving here I have found nothing to be consistent. Just when I get comfortable with what to expect tomorrow, things change. This latest change is an excellent one with unexpected results for me. The excellent news is that Zoe has started school. She joined Digby High School for their second semester. On day one she met a lovely, lively, young lady and together they decided that Zoe should attend school full days and graduate sooner!!! So instead of the expected two hours a day at school she is now there for six hours. While this is fantastic news, it has left me with a puppy and unsure how to navigate working on the property while "babysitting".

This week I have organized many indoor chores, phone calls and computer work that has been neglected over the past months. I am working on a leash system that I can take her outside with me, close enough to see me, but far enough away to stay out of the briar patches I want to remove. The weather has been -4 to +4 with very little snow. It is very hard for me to stay inside on these kinds of days. Hopefully by next week we will have have a better routine established where I can get outside to work, with or without Dixie.

Needless to say, the den did not get done. I will definitely post all the pictures when that finally does happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment