Thursday, February 21, 2019

Happy Birthday Dad

Important business first - I want to wish my dad a very happy birthday! I am so lucky that he and my mom are coming back for another visit this week! We can not wait to see you both and enjoy a birthday dinner with you here!

I have found the time, mostly after school when Zoe and her friend Shelby are at the house, to accomplish some small jobs.

One job that I was very anxious to do but not very happy about was clean the lawn tractor. You may recall how happy I was to get a shiny, new, beautiful, powerful, yellow Cub Cadet in the fall. I had stored it in the barn with the other lawn tractor for the winter. The barn has two windows that have the glass broken out of them. This makes a perfect entrance and exit for a family of pigeons. They like to roost along the top beam of the barn and poop directly onto my (not so shiny anymore) tractor! It is now clean, and moved, and tarped, and ready for spring use.

I was thrilled one afternoon while Dixie and I were out walking to see the day lillies at the front of the house popping through the soil! Realistically I know it is only February, but what gardener doesn't love to see those first green leaves pushing up!

Zoe update: she is doing fantastic in school! She is showing more drive and enthusiasm than I have perhaps ever seen from her! She got a perfect mark on her first essay assignment for one of her classes and is now registered for 5 courses in an attempt to graduate this year! This momma bear could not be more proud!

(I do still take some downtime to...ahhh...think up more ideas for projects...ya that's what I'm doing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment