Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Den

I cannot believe it has taken me this long to finally write these words...the den is done!

This is a project that we started back in October. Mom and dad helped start the wood stripping process.








When Kate was here in November, she helped expose the original floor boards, strip the wood and brainstorm with me how to finish the flooring.












I built a wall closing in a closet in December and Zoe puttyed it. We painted the ceiling and walls.

In February when my parents came back, we sanded the floor, laid rope in the floor spaces, stained and varathaned the floors, and painted the trim (sorry Kate!!) Replaced the light fixture, bought and hung curtains and pictures.






Over the past week, I have made a built in shelving unit, put up another wall to hide a chimney which Zoe has puttyed and painted, and we have put up the quarter round to finish it off!

We finally hung Zoe's shelf and did the final decorating touches! I am so happy with how it has turned out. Our second top to bottom room is complete!!








No comments:

Post a Comment