Monday, May 20, 2019

Hauling Lumber

I had a fantastic first experience this week.

I was given the opportunity to go onto a neighbours property, haul out some fallen trees and take them to the lumber mill.

As a southern Ontario baby, Home Depot has always been my source for lumber. It was such an amazing experience to go with a truck, a bobcat, and our muscle, taking multiple trips loading over twenty logs and delivering them to a sawmill where we were able to make requests on the size of lumber we want.

I absolutely loved, not just going to a store to buy lumber, but being a part of the process from beginning to end (almost the beginning, the trees were already cut down).

I am looking forward to picking up the cut lumber next week. I imagine I will feel some extra pride as I use that wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment