Thursday, May 2, 2019

Waiting....

I am sorry I do not have too much to report tonight. There has not been much work happening at the two girls farm.

I have had two more job interviews this week and am very excited about both of them. I have been told I will hear back tomorrow either way so keep your fingers crossed for me. I did have an interview last month and was asked to return for a second interview. But I opted out of that feeling it was not the right job for my family. It was too far away, six days a week right during the season we want to make progress on the farm and it was a seasonal job so I would be looking again in September. Both of these newer jobs are year round, less than 30 minute drive from our home, and really interest me. I have always believed that if you need to work, you better enjoy what you do. I feel I would really enjoy both these jobs and the people I would work with.

It has been lousy weather so I have only managed to do some flower garden weeding inbetween raindrops this week. I did, however, purchase a used rototiller, so when the ground dries up I am ready to prepare the vegetable garden.

I have also made some more progress on the chicken coop. It is cleaned, the anti-mink wire has been purchased, I have received some siding to use on the inside walls (I have been told this will seal the walls to keep predators out and help with ease of cleaning the coop), I also have some lumber to replace the rotting floor and make everything secure for our birds arrival at the end of May!

Another piece of great news....Zoe submitted a job application for a local amusement park and she received a phone call yesterday with a follow up email today offering her a position! So we will now be two working farm girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment