Sunday, May 5, 2019

I Got A Job!!

I am now a working woman - again. I truly enjoyed my temporary retirement but it was time to get back to the real world and start working again. I will be working for a home care organization who keep people in their homes for as long as possible. I have an orientation day tomorrow so I will know more after that, but I am really excited about this. I have thought of doing something similar for a long time. Not concentrating on the medical aspect, but rather the life side of care. Grocery shopping, cleaning, baking, being company and support. Basically doing and being whatever each individual needs or wants. Thank you Sandi for your reference, letting them know I can bake cookies and chocolates and that I am a ray of sunshine (paraphrased!!)

On Saturday Zoe and I helped out in our community. The church which is just next door to our house, St. Mary's Bay Baptist Church, (where we had the bake sale breakfast for Zoe's 4-H club), was hosting a turkey dinner for the community. This dinner is a sit down event and Zoe and I, along with our friend Jennifer and five other people were the servers. It was crazy busy but a lot of fun. I realized how much I have missed waitressing! This is now my third community event and I love that I am starting to recognize people. I also had the small town joy of meeting someone who knew which house we had moved into and that we were going to be starting a farm!

Today, finally, the weather took a turn for the better and I was able to get outside and have a fire. I had so many clippings piled up around the fire pit that I could barely see the fire pit to start a burn! I was also able to clean out the garage, and trim three of the six evergreen trees that line the road in front of the property. A very satisfying day!

No comments:

Post a Comment