Thursday, June 6, 2019

Chickens!

Here we go...our first farm animals have arrived. We are happy to welcome three barnyard mix hens (sorry Judy).  There was some confusion when I ordered chickens from the co-op so unfortunalty we did not receive any through that route. We have decided to work with local farms, kijiji and marketplace to add chickens as we find them.

These three ladies are quite beautiful and Zoe and I have enjoyed hanging out in the henhouse letting them get used to us.

They are not named yet, but we have had some suggestions made. We would love to hear more suggestions and will post on Sunday the final decisions. The first suggestion came from my mother - Rusty, Girly and Sparkle Eyes (I'm leaning toward NO...but). We keep calling them our friends, so Racheal, Monica and Phoebe are possibilities. They are red heads so Lucy, Anne, and Jessica (even though she was a rabbit!) Curly, Larry and Moe even got a vote!

I have arranged to pick up the next flock on Saturday. We should be coming home with 14 Australorp chickens and will brag about their beauty too I am sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment