Thursday, June 13, 2019

YMCA

I am loving my job!! Right now I am working 25-30 hours a week. Some days, some afternoons, some weekends. Although the hours are different every day and scattered throughout the week, I am really enjoying a job that is not Monday to Friday five days a week.

I am enjoying meeting new people and loving the small town life. If I thought Beamsville was small, this is smaller. I met an absolutely lovely lady last week who asked how I came about working at the YMCA since I had a lawn mowing job at the Barton Baptist Cemetery. Now how could she know I had that job? And as we continued talking I  realized she also knew which house I lived in and which neighbours I had met! I have come to recognize that these conversations are meant in love and curiosity and not stalky, snoopy, and gossipy as the cynical Ontarion would think.

For a morning shift I get up at 4:30am, and while that is not an hour fit for human awareness, I have seen some magnificent sunrises! Since it is important to find some joy everyday, I love the fact that I can find my first joy right away with the sunrise. It certainly starts the day with a smile!

I am going to leave you tonight with a picture of Zoe and Phoebe who loves to be held and petted. We love her and her friends Racheal and Monica very much! One of the newer chickens has been renamed the Road Runner. She is very fast, does not like to go into the coop at night and is always the last to get tucked in!

No comments:

Post a Comment