Sunday, June 30, 2019

Long Weekend

Our weather here has not been stellar. We have had rain, rain, more rain, and rare days where we see sunshine. Daytime highs have been between 18-23, and night time temperatures went as low 7 last week. Needless to say, my garden is very far behind, and my lawn mowing job took 4 days of two hours here, and two hours there, to complete!

This weekend, I have had some time off and am racing to accomplish some things. As I mentioned, I did finish the lawn mowing job I have, I have also been in the garden trying to get the weeds back under control. Between work and the rain, it had totally gotten away from me. I had three hours this morning before the rain storm hit and I did get a lot weeded. I feel I can see the end coming. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow so fingers crossed I can get the rest of the weeds out and replant what did not grow (or what I have pulled out with the weeds by mistake - whoops!)

We also sold our last two dozen eggs today. We had quite a supply and I was very concerned about what we were going to do with them. Turns out I didn't need to worry. One Facebook Marketplace ad and we have sold eleven dozen and now are back to building up our supply! The first three hens we purchased were sold to us as "barnyard mixes". It looks like part of that mix was Easter Egger as they have started to lay green eggs! I have absolutely loved every moment with these chickens. They are so fun, and interesting, and silly and even cuddly! And as an added bonus, they are supplying food for us!

To those people who read this blog every posting, I will apologize. I have decided to go back to once a week posting on Sunday's only. I am finding now that I am working, I am not accomplishing a lot to "write home about" and would prefer not to bore you with "filler".

I hope everyone enjoys Canada Day tomorrow and has a safe, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment