Sunday, June 23, 2019

Gardening (again)

I finally got a chance to get back out to the vegetable garden this weekend. It unfortunately had been sorely neglected. I re-tilled an unplanted section, planted the tomatoes and started weeding the rest. I would say I got 3/4 of it done. Next chance I get I will finish weeding and finish wrapping it in chicken wire. Why do I need chicken wire you ask?? Let's take a look at the photographic evidence!! Our darling chickens love the garden too! Luckily they just want dirt baths and worms. So far they have not even so much as nibbled on a leaf, but I'm not taking any chances that they will continue that way.


This weekend we also sold our first dozen eggs!!

And finally, I am still discovering new and beautiful things planted here. Our gorgeous snowball viburnum is in bloom as is our magnolia. Again, I thought the magnolia would flower in spring then leaf out. This variety leafed out in the spring and has flowered now. Our first beautiful iris bloomed this morning, I can't wait to see if there is a variety of colours to bloom over the next week or so.






No comments:

Post a Comment