Sunday, November 11, 2018

Coat Room

Original room with shelving,
wooden coat hooks and
wallpaper
Walls puttied, carpet gone,
step being removed
Well I tried! The coat room is not quite finished yet. The paint on the coat rail is not dry and therefore not mounted yet. But what I did accomplish was...I pulled the carpet up. I pulled down all the shelving, wooden decor and wallpaper.











Back of door and its many
layers of paint and stain
As good as it gets!!
I stripped the paint off the inside of the door. I painted the ceiling and walls.














Framing for the floor.
Overkill perhaps hahaha
Weird angle but trying to
show both the new light switch
and the new light fixture!
The room was recessed down a step and Zoe and I wanted it level with the kitchen floor, so I did that.

I replaced the light switch and the light fixture (had to have girly, sparkly, crystal!). I owe my father for any small amount of knowledge I had to accomplish this task . In August when I was living with my parents, my dad had me go through his house with him and replace many outlets and light switches to give me some electrical understanding. I still had to call him for advice today, but I am very grateful for the basic knowledge he has taught me.


I placed a new shelving unit in the room and filled it. The floor and trim were intensionally not finished. We want to wait until we do the kitchen and have the same flooring run straight through the two rooms. I'll post the final completed image next time, but for today, this is what we have! Phew!

And it's starting to get set up. 









No comments:

Post a Comment