Sunday, November 18, 2018

Workshop

One of the most frequent sentences out of my mouth has been "Where is my..." fill in the blank with "screwdriver" or "drill bit" or "tape measure". You get the point. For three months now my tools have had no official home and therefore, I can never find what I need! There is a three section garage which is attached to the house and I thought it would be perfect to have my workshop in the main section.

This room is not heated so I tried to weatherproof it as much as I could. I laid dri-core on the flooring, increased the insulation, draft sealed the doorway to the wood storage and the doorway to the attic, and put a plastic seal over the window. I wanted it bright and when dad was here in October, we put two more lights in. I have also painted the walls white to reflect all the light I could. I needed more power so I ran wire for an extra outlet. (I don't want to jinx this but that's two electrical jobs I have now done on my own, and gotten it right the first try on both jobs!!)

Then I started organizing. I have my charging station, my hand tool wall, (look closely and you can pick out Zoe's pink tools!) my paint corner, and my old dining room table as my workbench!

There is still lots to do to organize and find homes for everyone of my precious tools. I am hoping final placements will become clearer over the next week.  Zoe will be home and Kate will be here on a work-cation and I have "renovate the office space" on our to do list. With the three of us working back and forth between the workshop and the office, I hope it will become clear where tools are best suited, where its easiest to work and how the workshop flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment